Last modified on Mar. 1, 2023
Preprints and Publications
- Counting matrix points on certain varieties over finite fields, with Ken Ono and Hasan Saad. arXiv page
- Spiral shifting operators from the enumeration of finite-index submodules of Fq[[T]]^d, with Ruofan Jiang. pdf, arXiv page
- Counting on the variety of modules over the quantum plane, Algebr. Comb. 5(3) (2022), 583–592. pdf, arXiv page, slides, video
- Mutually annihilating matrices, and a Cohen–Lenstra series for the nodal singularity, J. Algebra 619 (2023), 26–50. pdf, arXiv page, slides
- Continuously Increasing Subsequences of Random Multiset Permutations, with A. Clifton, B. Deb, S. Spiro and S. Yoo, European J. Combin., to appear. pdf, arXiv page. Also published in Séminaire Lotharingien de Combinatoire 86B (2022) as proceedings of FPSAC 2022. proceedings webpage, extended abstract pdf, poster link
- Cohomology of configuration spaces on punctured varieties. pdf, arXiv page, slides
- Betti and Hodge numbers of configuration spaces of a punctured elliptic curve from its zeta functions, with G. Cheong, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 375(9) (2022), 6363–6383. pdf, arXiv page, slides, video
- Unit equations on quaternions, Q. J. Math. 71 (2020), 1521–1534. pdf, published version, arXiv page, slides
- Cohen–Lenstra distributions via random matrices over complete discrete valuation rings with finite residue fields, with G. Cheong, Illinois J. Math. 65(2) (2021), 385–415. pdf, published version, arXiv page
Invited Talks (upcoming and past)
- Algebra and Algebraic Geometry Seminar, University of Washington (Apr 18, 2023)
- Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Simon Fraser University (Mar 2, 2023)
- Algebra Seminar, Virginia Tech (Feb 24, 2023)
- Discrete Mathematics Seminar, UBC (Jan 17, 2023)
- Algebraic Geometry Seminar, UBC (Jan 16, 2023)
- AMS Joint Mathematics Meeting, Special Session on Quaternions, Boston (Jan 4-6, 2023)
- AMS Joint Mathematics Meeting, Special Session on the Combinatorics and Geometry of Jordan Type and Lefschetz Properties, Boston (Jan 4-6, 2023)
- Number Theory Seminar, UBC (Nov 30, 2022)
- Algebra Seminar, Virginia Tech (Nov 15, 2022)
- Algebra Seminar, University of Virginia (Nov 9, 2022)
- AMS Eastern Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Young Voices in Combinatorics, Amherst (Oct 1-2, 2022)
- Number Theory Seminar, University of California, Irvine (Sep 27, 2022)
- Combinatorics Seminar, University of Southern California (Sep 26, 2022)
- Graduate Algebra and Representation Theory Seminar, Rutgers University (May 2, 2022)
- NYC Noncommutative Geometry Seminar, St Johns University - New York City (Dec 1, 2021)
- Graduate Online Combinatorics Colloquium (GOCC), virtual (May 12, 2021)
- Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference (GSCC 2021), virtual (Apr 25, 2021)
- Algebra Seminar, University of Waterloo (Nov 25, 2020)
- Discrete Mathematics Seminar, UBC (Nov 24, 2020)
- Algebra and Algebraic Geometry Seminar, UBC (Nov 06, 2020).
- Rutgers Algebra Seminar, Rutgers University (Sep 23, 2020).
- UMN Combinatorics and Commutative Algebra Seminar, University of Minnesota (Sep 18, 2020).
Topics on Polynomial Equations in Noncommutative Rings and Motivic Aspects of Moduli Spaces. thesis pdf, defense slides, defense video on Youtube
A thesis template (Rackham 2022) based on a Rackham 2021 template developed by Angus Chung and Eamon Quinlan-Gallego, with updates according to the changes of requirements of the Rackham Graduate School in 2022.
Contributed Talks (upcoming and past)
I am currently (Winter 2023) teaching integral calculus (MATH 101 small classes) at UBC.
At the University of Michigan, I previously taught MATH 105: Data, Functions and Graphs, MATH 115: Calculus I, MATH 116: Calculus II and EECS 203: Discrete Mathematics.
- Handwritten notes on mass formulae predicting the distribution of number field discriminants, following a paper by Manjul Bhargava, for the final presentation of a topic course on arithmetic statistics in Winter 2020. It contains an attempt to explain a subtle mismatch in the quadratic case.
- Expository notes on quadratic forms and quadratic fields.
- Notes on elliptic curves with complex multiplication, attempting to fix a gap in Silverman's Advanced Topics in the arithmetic of elliptic curves, Theorem II.4.1.
- Notes on abelian varieties, written as final projects of the algebraic geometry course in Winter 2016 and the abelian variety course in Fall 2017.
- Two introductory notes on Chern classes. via Schubert calculus, via differential geometry